Under the framework of the EUIPO’s European Cooperation Projects, a memorandum of understanding was signed on 30 July 2020 between the Hellenic Industrial Property Organisation (OBI) and the Municipality of Thessaloniki, in cooperation with the Metropolitan Area of Thessaloniki, the Chamber of Tradesmen, the Economic Chamber of Thessaloniki and the Chamber of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises of Thessaloniki. Through this memorandum, the city of Thessaloniki, in Greece, was certified as an official ‘Authenticity’.
Thessaloniki is Greece’s second city, in terms of population, and is the second largest port in the country. With its dynamic economic activity, Thessaloniki is also one of the biggest educational centres in south-eastern Europe and a well-known city for culture and tourism.
As a certified Authenticity, a series of IP-related awareness-raising activities are planned to take place locally over the next two years in Thessaloniki.
Useful links on the project
- Hellenic Industrial Property Organisation (OBI)
- Municipality of Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki Chamber of Tradesmen
- MoU signed: 30/07/2020;
- Kick-off media event: 11/09/2020;
- Launch of the public awareness campaign:11/09/2020;
- Training to local enforcement authorities;
- Education Activities.
Social media and updates on the project
- OBI news
- Municipality of Thessaloniki news (11 September 2020)
- Municipality of Thessaloniki news (30 July 2020)